Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Interlude: Part 3

Recap: Phoenix has been appropriated by her time-lost great-great grandfather to complete a perilous mission on an alien planet. With the mission completed successfully, Phoenix collapses from mysterious causes.



"Thank you for calling us Doctor."

"One moment, my analysis is almost complete, the paitent is awake, you can speak to her if you like."

"If she's awake it can't be too serious."

"Always the optimist Tommek."



"How are you feeling?"

"Pretty good actually. When can I get out of here?"

"Soon. I've discovered the reason for your reactions to teleportation. Every time you've teleported you've teleported with Mr. Tommek am I correct."

"Now that you mention it...yeah. Not that it's been all that many times."

"It appears that during the demoleculation process certain parts of your DNA has been attracted to Tommeks, and there has been some exchange. In your case you have taken on some physical aspects of a Vulcan."

"Hey thats my last name....What kind of aspects? *looks down*"

"Primarily the composition of your blood has been copper based, not iron based. Also your auditory appendages have developed the Vulcan pointedness. The nausea and loss of consciousness was a side-effect as your body adjusted."

"Oh. So I'm okay then?"

"You are a very healthy young lady, bound for a long and prosperous life."



"Doctor you mentioned an exchange. Does this mean Mr. Tommek is affected as well?"

"Nonsense, I'm fine. I'm telling you."

"It would appear that he has lost some of his Vulcan sensibility, I'd need to conduct further tests to deduce the extent of the changes."

"There is nothing wrong with me at all. I'm telling you."

"We will see, Mr. Tommek."

"You'll be sorry."

"We'll talk later. Phoenix, we appreciate your assistance with our mission, we'll drop you off home on the way back to our time. However I must warn you that we may not be as precise as we would like."

"How'd you mean?"

"We might be a year or 4 off. 6 at the most, I promise. Given the extent of our time travel, you'll admit that it is pretty close."

"Oooh, you'll be about 8 years off actually. I thought it was just a dream."

"You've already experienced the temporal displacement?"

"I think so. Can you take me back now? I've got to track down a sexy policeman"



"So, this is goodbye then?"

"Indeed Phoenix, your assistance has been invaluable, but it is time for you to continue your life."

"I could stay here. I'm sure there are plenty of opportunities for someone like me."

"If I am your ancestor as you believe, then wouldn't your presence interfere with the course of events that lead to me becoming your ancestor?"

"Huh?"

"Go home Phoenix. If you don't, then we may change history again."

"Awww man. I'll miss you."

"I'm sure you will. Live long and prosper Phoenix Vulcan."

"Bye Tom!"

"I've told you not to call me that! *sigh*"



"Ma'am Phoenix has been safely delivered to her home, we are free to return to our own time now."

"Excellent work Mr. Ltwsgyvkz. Please take a seat and we'll resume our course back to Starfleet command."

"Yes Ma'am."



"Full speed ahead helm. Take us home."



I see you are back from your little adventure?

"Yeah. *sigh*"

Whats wrong?

"Just, I don't know, how am I supposed to go back to a normal life after all that has happened. Even looking in the mirror reminds me."

There's plenty of exciting things in your future. Shannon for example....



"That's right, Shannon is out there somewhere. I'll have to look him up when I get back to Uni....*gasp*"

Whats wrong now?




"I have to go BACK to UNI!!! *wail*"

Goram it, I don't want to go back either. :<

What Really happened:
Pretty much, at the end of my pregnancy I didn't really want to do much of anything. Understandable given I was in my last trimester during summer and all I think. Anywho, I did do some play after my last update, and left it until after my daughter was born. I then started to play again in the rare moments that I wasn't sleeping or tending to a newborn. I even picked up AL. But the interest waned once more, until I decided to start playing again. This time however I noticed that none of my custom lots were available. I had had some problems with installing AL and stuff packs, but I made sure that the neighbourhoods were protected. I was even able to play a little with AL in the main household (Ambrose & the witch, and Butler guy & Clyde.) So I took a look only to discover that the actual folders were missing. Which made me sad. The only back up I had was from November, which pretty much takes us back to before Phoenix met Shannon.

Better than nothing right? It took me another month to put together a very rough story that explained what happened to my sims, and to explain why Phoenix suddenly looked rather more Vulcan than previous generations. Yes, I took advantage of this little hick-up to re-introduce my favorite Vulcan features, most notibly the ears and the skin tone.

I now have to play Phoenix (And her sisters) through Uni for a third time. This time, I don't think I'll blog most of it, I really want to get into raising Gen 6, so I can complete this Legacy and go on to making a Sims 3 Legacy.

Some Interesting Pictures:




Leader of the Pack meets Alien dog, who didn't actually manage to get featured in the story.





I didn't really use any sims of note, so I killed them off, the synchronized death throes just kinda made me giggle. I don't usually let sims die of anything other than old age.

4 comments:

ASimWen said...

Nice comeback. It is so easy to do a time ripple with aliens. *wink*

Infinity-Nevermore said...

Good to see you back. Bad luck about the game hiccup, but a very creative way to explain it. I'm still keeping track, and congratulations on your new daughter!

Anonymous said...

so glad you're back with us! Loving the updates. Might have found a useful download for your vulcan legacy!

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=358883

Anonymous said...

http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=555429 is a great craetor. Tons more vulcan stuffs!